I’d like to thank Letizia of DutchGoesItalian for being a regular visitor to my blog and for honoring me this week with the Versatile Blogger Award. I greatly appreciate it, Letizia! If you have never visited her site, check it out. She posts about life in Italy: the food, wine, restaurants, cities, and culture, and she includes little maps to help those of us making future travel plans.
So here’s the scoop. I need to:
- Thank the person who nominated me and add a link
- Relate seven things about me
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
Seven Things About Me
- Right now there are 6 dogs in my house. Sigh. On Valentine’s Day we adopted a sweet little border collie mix from an animal shelter in Denver. No one realized she was pregnant…well, what could we do? We rolled up our sleeves and are trying to be good dog grandparents. The puppies are now almost three weeks old. Let the mayhem begin.
- I love rainstorms, and if they are accompanied by thunder, even better. I now live in a house in the mountains with a covered porch and a great valley view, so when it rains I can run outside and enjoy nature’s show.
- I’m addicted to travel. And coffee.
- I’m hoping to win the Lottery so that I can start a foundation to benefit great causes that are near and dear to my heart.
- I absolutely love watching birds. The highlight of a Florida vacation years ago was seeing a roseate spoonbill up close and personal. Someday I’ll write a post about that sudden encounter, complete with photo of a startled spoonbill.
- Although I love to visit big cities, I’m so glad I no longer have to live in one.
- My partner Terry and I have been together since 1996. He’s a keeper. He takes great care of me (including making coffee and breakfast for me every day!), and he’s also taking great care of 6 dogs at the moment. 😉
My Blogger Nominations
- http://soundaryasingh.wordpress.com/. Sona is a talented young lady, sharing her work via her blog.
- http://andrewmedablog.wordpress.com/. Beautiful photos from the Arcata Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary. I love his images.
- http://localtouristcolorado.com/. Travel news from my neighborhood! I hope to learn about some new places to visit.
- http://organicsound.wordpress.com/. Sound clips and music info.
Although I enjoy visiting the following blogs, it looks as though they’ve already received the Versatile Blogger Award. Pay them a visit if you haven’t already. Bloggers, when you visit this page after receiving the pingback notification, consider yourself nominated yet again. 😉